Celebration Dinner (Gympie)
28 July 2023
Join us in Gympie for the Celebration of Bible Translation dinner, celebrating the progression of Bible translation in Indonesia and South Asia.
There are still 1.51 billion people in the world, speaking 6661 languages, who do not have a full Bible in their first language. The need for Scripture translation is too great for western missionaries to complete the task in this lifetime, but God has been working to equip Christian speakers of these languages to translate the Scriptures into their own mother tongues, and even to prepare some of them to be translation consultants. The focus of this evening will be on the progress in recent years in the training and equipping of local translators and consultants.
There will also be an opportunity to hear illustrated live reports of the recent Wycliffe Australia study tour to Israel (‘K2K’) from those who were there.
Date: Friday 28 July 2023
Venue: To be advised. Click the Subscribe button below to receive updates as they become available.
Translation Consultant, South Asia
* Training and consulting with multiple translation teams
* Planning for, and measuring translation progress with national partners
* The synergy between translation and creation care
CEO, Wycliffe Bible Translators Australia
* The Vision and Mission of Wycliffe Australia
* Areas of engagement in Bible translation
* Bible translation progress in the Moluccas
Further information: Derek Hume, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0434 358 177.