MAD OZ 2019
29 Jun-16 July 2019
The bus is full. Email email@example.com to express your interest for MAD OZ 2020
The greatest thing you can do to transform your life is engage with the opportunities that God puts before you.
On the MAD trip, you will have the opportunity to visit two Aboriginal communities where Bible translation is taking place.
• Live in a remote Aboriginal community
• Share life and faith with locals around the campfire
• Minister through testimonies, skits, songs and
• Learn and perform songs in Aboriginal languages
• Experience life in the outback first-hand
• Spend time with Aboriginal people in their
traditional hunting grounds
• See how God is at work in Bible translation,
discipleship and other ministries
• Explore new opportunities to use your gifts
• Gain an understanding of issues facing Australia’s
• Take time out to reflect through team devotions and
Saturday 29 June – Tuesday 16 July 2019.
Starts in Melbourne, ends in Darwin.
Travel will take place on a 21-seat air-conditioned Wycliffe bus with a trailer. Participants will be sleeping in two-person tents or under the stars in some locations. The trip will be catered from our portable safari kitchen by our own cook.
Cost: 15-day trip is $1900 (includes food, lodging and bus trip from Melbourne to Darwin. Excludes all airfares).
Deposit: of $200 by Monday 13 May 2019.
Register by: Monday 29 April 2019, as we need to apply for permits to enter Aboriginal land.
Contact: Jeannie Bowen (03) 9712 2720
The MAD trip was an unreal experience! It was really special to have the unique opportunity to both live in community and go out bush with local Aboriginal people, and a blessing to spend quality time with Aboriginal people who love both people and God . . . Now that’s an adventure!