MAD OZ 2023
24 Jun-11 July 2023
The greatest thing you can do to transform your life is engage with the opportunities that God puts before you.
On the MAD trip, you will have the opportunity to visit two Aboriginal communities where Bible translation is taking place. See for yourself the great impact that having God’s Word in their own language makes in their lives. Learn cross-cultural communication skills and put them into practice with Aboriginal people as you encourage one another in your faith.
• Live in a remote Aboriginal community
• Share life and faith with locals around the campfire
• Minister through testimonies, skits, songs and dramas
• Learn and perform songs in Aboriginal languages
• Experience life in the outback first-hand
• Spend time with Aboriginal people in their traditional hunting grounds
• See how God is at work in Bible translation, discipleship and other ministries
• Explore new opportunities to use your gifts
• Gain an understanding of issues facing Australia’s Indigenous people
• Take time out to reflect through team devotions and journalling
Register by: 15 May 2023
Contact: David Wake
Cost: $2200 pp.
Price is for travel from Melbourne to Darwin, food and accommodation. It does not include airfare for returning from Darwin.
The trip starts early Saturday morning leaving from 70 Graham Rd Kangaroo Ground and Finishes in Darwin.
Everyone organises their own flights home anytime on Tuesday 11 July.
Everyone will need to have a current Working with Children Check.