Partnership Development Workshop – Webinar
15 April – 17 June 2021
Partnership Development Webinar
Partnership Development workshops are designed to equip Christian workers to raise a team of partners that will allow them to fulfil the call of God into full-time ministry. Whilst we run the workshop for our own members, we welcome people from other mission agencies who have similar training needs. Funding the Family Business: A Handbook for Raising Personal Support by Myles Wilson is the primary text used during the course. The price of the book is included in your workshop fee and will be shipped to you.
1. Biblical basis looks into Scripture to inform our attitude and practice in resourcing Christian ministry. Topics include; giving, partnership and living on gift income.
2. Speaking skills is organised around the premise that telling concise stories is one of the best ways to inform and inspire an audience. Participants craft and deliver a range of ‘stories’ that they can utilise in various contexts.
3. Communication covers best practice for sharing through newsletters, prayer updates, Power Points and digital audiovisual clips.
4. Organisation covers topics that are administrative in nature, including tips on organising a display and things to consider when relating to churches and pastors.
Discussion of these topics and practical application are part of the weekly classes. Between weekly 2-hour sessions, reading and assignments will be given in preparation for the following week. The course concludes with time for each person/couple to share a 10-minute presentation that has been prepared using the resources prepared during the workshop. (It is your chance to ‘have a go’ amongst friends.)
You will need to download Zoom software. Weekly readings are from Funding the Family Business. Additional worksheets and Power Points will be provided for your use during the workshop. You will be asked to produce electronic resources so a device with word processing ability will be needed.
2020 Workshop dates
15 April – 17 June
Cost: for workbook (including shipping) and worksheets
WBTA member: $35 single or couple
Participants gain practical assistance in the four streams of the workshop and come away with:
- assurance that raising a partnership team is biblical and attainable
- a 10-minute presentation that can be used in support raising
- tools to use in communication, i.e. newsletters, audio/visual clips, etc.
- skills to communicate effectively in varied contexts
- a 12-month plan to undertake the task of support raising.
For more details contact:
Woody Baker, National Training Coordinator