Partnership Development Workshop – VIC
25 Feb–1 Mar 2019
Partnership Development workshops are designed to equip those who need to raise a team of partners to allow them to fulfil a call of God on their lives to Christian ministry. Whilst we run the workshop for our own members, we welcome people from other mission agencies who have similar training needs. Funding the Family Business, A handbook for raising personal support by Myles Wilson is the primary text that is followed during the course. The price of the book is included in your workshop fee.
1. Biblical basis looks into Scripture to inform our attitude and practice in resourcing Christian ministry. Topics include: giving, partnership and living on gift income.
2. Speaking skills is organised around the premise that telling concise stories are one of the best ways to inform and inspire an audience. Participants craft and deliver a range of ‘stories’ that they can utilise in various contexts.
3. Communication covers best practice for sharing through newsletters, prayer updates, PowerPoints and digital audio visual clips.
4. Organisation covers topics that are administrative in nature, including tips on organising a display and things to consider when relating to churches and pastors.
These topics and practical application are part of the daily classes. Plan on ‘homework’ activities in preparation for the following day. Friday includes time for each person/couple to share a 10 minute presentation that has been prepared over the course of the workshop. (It is your chance to ‘have a go’ while it doesn’t matter!)
Some helpful things to bring for the workshop include a Bible and a pen. A workbook is provided for note-taking. Bring a device that will allow you to research your organisation’s website for key information, start putting a newsletter together, and to help with preparing a PowerPoint presentation.
25 February – 1 March
8.30 am to 4 pm daily
Non WBTA member: $140 single, $175 couple
WBTA members: $110 single, $145 couple – (enter correct amount in “Part Payment”)
Includes morning and afternoon tea and the cost of the textbook: Funding the Family Business, A handbook for raising personal support, Myles Wilson.
Participants get practical assistance in the four streams of the workshop and come away with:
• assurance that raising a partnership team is biblical and attainable
• a 10 minute presentation that can be used in support raising
• tools to use in communication, i.e. newsletters, audio/visual clips, etc.
• skills to communicate effectively in varied contexts
• a practical plan to undertake the task of support raising.
For more details contact:
0490 354 099
03 9712 2777