Story the Bible (Telling God’s story) – Maleny, SE Qld
22-25 Nov 2018
Story The Bible workshop, Thursday evening 22nd – Sunday afternoon 25th November 2018
Biblical story telling is taking off around the world as a way to share the Word of God with those who would not normally read or even listen to it.
Story the Bible (Sharing God’s Story) is a three day workshop in which you will learn five skills of a good Bible storyteller: how to –
- Craft stories that present the Biblical content in an interesting way
- Revise and polish them to ensure they are simple to tell, accurate to Scripture and easy to remember
- Tell your stories in a way that grips your audience, with facial expressions and body language reinforcing the words
- Teach them to others, that they may tell and teach them too and the Word of God may spread around the world
- Lead a study on the story that challenges the hearers to apply the truths of Scripture to their own lives.
Venue: Grice’s Macadamia Farm, 209 Burgum Road, North Maleny MAP
Cost: $110 (accommodation and food included). Couples sharing textbooks $180. Children 4-17 years $40, family maximum $280. Register below for status updates to be advised of any change.
Earlybird discount $20 per adult for registrations received before 22nd October.
Deposit – (required to secure booking; not refundable) – $20 singles, $40 couples or families.
Sorry – no part-timers. if you can’t come for the three days please consider an alternative workshop. Keep an eye on this page for details of Bible Storytelling workshops planned for 2019.
This course in Biblical storytelling is live in, and is conducted at a campsite at Maleny in the Blackall Range, about half an hour from the Sunshine Coast or 1½ hours north of Brisbane. It starts with the evening meal on Thursday and finishes mid-afternoon on Sunday, and the costs include food and accommodation as well as course materials and tuition. Note that since each part of the course builds on the preceding parts, full time attendance is mandatory.
Accommodation is generally in single-sex dormitories … but it’s only for a few days!
To register, click on the appropriate orange registration button at the top of the page.
Registration will only be accepted on payment of a deposit. This deposit is not refundable.
Details of what to bring, how to get there etc. will be sent to all participants after the closing date.
Registration deadline Monday 12th November.
For further information contact: Peter O’Loghlin – by Email, or phone 0411 787 729.