Story the Bible in Maleny, SE Qld
11-14 July 2019
Story the Bible (Sharing God’s Story) is a three day workshop in which you will learn five skills of a good Bible storyteller: how to –
- Craft stories that present the Biblical content in an interesting way
- Revise and polish them to ensure they are simple to tell, accurate to Scripture and easy to remember
- Tell your stories in a way that grips your audience, with facial expressions and body language reinforcing the words
- Teach them to others, that they may tell and teach them too and the Word of God may spread around the world
- Lead a study on the story that challenges the hearers to apply the truths of Scripture to their own lives.
Options: Two Story the Bible courses are planned for Maleny this year: July and November.
(Other courses are held elsewhere – click here for details).
Course 1 Dates: Thursday evening 11th to Sunday afternoon 14th July 2019.
NB: This event follows directly the Explore Language course, held in the same venue 7-11 July. Discounted rates are available for those attending both events – for details contact Peter O’Loghlin at email@example.com or by phone on 07 3892 3348.
Final date for registrations: 3rd July.
Course 2 Dates: Thursday evening 21st to Sunday afternoon 24th November 2019.
Final date for registrations: 6th November.
Venue: Grice’s Macadamia Farm, 209 Burgum Road, North Maleny MAP.
Maleny is in the Blackall Range, about 1½ hours north of Brisbane and ½ hour inland from the Sunshine Coast. Full details will be sent to those registered about a week before the course starts.
Cost: Full fee is $120 per person, which includes all food and accommodation, notes, tuition and textbooks. Couples sharing a single copy of the textbook come for just $100 each.
However, there is an early-bird discount of $20 per person for registrations received at least one month in advance – i.e. by 11th June or 21st October.
Final date for registrations: 3rd July or 6th November.
Contact Person: email Peter O’Loghlin, or phone him on 07 3892 3348.