LONG TERM | AUSTRALIA
URGENT. SILA has an urgent need for an administrative assistant to contribute energy, joy, and warmth to our team. Your role will be varied, busy, and provide opportunity for new experiences and further professional development. If this sounds like you, and you’d like to be a vital part of the SILA team, please contact us.
SIL Australia is Wycliffe Australia’s linguistic training partner and offers training for cross-cultural workers in the areas of language learning, linguistics, translation, literacy and other language development activities. www.sila.org.au
- Manages first impressions and is the first point of contact in the SILA office.
- Provides administration services, including maintaining organisational calendars, meeting minutes, reports, and correspondence on behalf of the PEO and Administrative team.
- Assists with organising special events for staff, students, board, and community.
- Assists with data entry as required.
- Supports the work of the Academic Administrator as required.
- Works independently on projects as determined by the PEO and Administrative team.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and facility with Google Suite for organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly capable of working both in a team and independently.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- High level of literacy, numeracy and attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic commitment to the vision of SIL Australia is essential.
- Active involvement in cross-cultural mission activities within a local church or mission organisation will be highly regarded.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Some biblical training.
- Six weeks’ language and culture training called Launch.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.