Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
LONG TERM | AUSTRALIA
We need a Chief Financial Officer to be responsible for the overall financial activity of Wycliffe Australia. This is an unpaid position. The person would need to be or become a member of Wycliffe Australia. They could be financially supported or self-supporting.
Who they will be working with
Reports to the CEO and supervises the Finance Manager who works with about ten staff.
Number of days a week: 3-5
• Supervises the design and operation of the accounting system.
• Oversees the effective operation of the chart of accounts, financial reporting systems and internal control system.
• Oversees accounting process, including monthly and year-end close.
• Supervises efforts of the Finance Manager and accounting and bookkeeping staff.
• Provides training and oversight as necessary.
• Evaluates individual staff efforts and provides feedback to motivate growth and improvement.
• Coordinates efforts of staff to help them work together to achieve desired results.
• Prepares and monitors budgets for accounting activities.
• Provides reports and summaries of activity results to Wycliffe Australia’s leadership.
• Participates in the Board Finance Committee.
• Analyses records of past and present operations and other information. Uses this information to evaluate policies and procedures and to make recommendations for changes and improvements in accounting processes and internal controls.
• May oversee or carry out the development and management of accounting systems.
• May provide training in accounting operations to staff from other departments.
Accounting training and experience
Orientation and other training
Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria