Children’s Home Parents
LONG TERM | PACIFIC
Do you enjoy working with teens? Why not consider supporting the work of Bible translation by serving as Children’s Home Parents with SIL in Papua New Guinea? In this role, you would become ‘parents’ to up to 14 teens boarding at SIL’s main centre, Ukarumpa, while their parents are engaged in translation and literacy work in remote areas of PNG.
- Buy food and cook meals
- Organise day to day operation and maintenance of the home
- Create a happy home environment
- Understand and empathise with the teens whose parents are in remote places
- Assist in evening study programs, providing an adequately disciplined climate in which scholastic help is available to complete assignments.
- Ideally suited to a married couple under 50 years of age, married at least seven years, who have children at home
- Successful experience in working with young people/parenting
- Mature Christians
- Home maintenance experience desirable
- Working with Children Check.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experience as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Six weeks’ language and culture training called Launch.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.
Watch this short video for a glimpse of life as a Children’s Home parent: