Communications and Marketing Officer
IT/COMMUNICATIONS | AUSTRALIA
Are you gifted in communications and marketing? SIL Australia is looking for a skilled communicator, writer and innovator to help promote our training and consulting services so that minority ethnolinguistic communities around the world are encouraged in sustainable language development. We’d love you to join our team and use your experience, skills and creativity to flourish.
SIL Australia is Wycliffe Australia’s linguistic training partner and offers training for cross-cultural workers in the areas of language learning, linguistics, translation, literacy and other language development activities. www.sila.org.au
- Works with the PEO to further develop SILA’s communication plan.
- Updates, maintains and develops our website (WordPress).
- Develops SILA’s social media presence.
- Writes communication pieces that highlight and promote the work of SIL Australia, including blog posts, emails, social media updates, flyers and brochures.
- Writes communication pieces about SILA projects for donor relations.
- Helps develop a strategy for, and implements the promotion of, the training and consulting programs of SILA within Australia and globally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in managing social media (Facebook, Instagram).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal communication.
- Highly capable of working both in a team and independently.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness to acquire new skills and abilities.
Skills highly regarded:
- Experience in Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in managing a WordPress website.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- Some biblical training.
- Some type of language and culture training course would be helpful.
- Six weeks’ language and culture training called Launch
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.