LONG TERM | AUSTRALIA
Are you a computer programmer with a heart for sharing the Word of God? By investing your knowledge, skills and experience as a computer programmer in The Bible Translators Assistant (TBTA) Development Project, you will contribute to saving thousands of translation hours per project down the line, increasing the quality of translations and enabling greater impact in language communities.
The Bible Translator Assistant project is part of a growing team of partners including multiple Wycliffe organisations, All the Word Bible Translators, Pioneer Bible Translators, Every Tribe Every Nation (ETEN), Illuminations, SIL-Philippines and OneBook. It will operate under Wycliffe Canada’s new innovation department, Prescience Labs. We would love to have you join our remote team!
- Recoding the TBTA software and add additional advanced features, including cloud data syncing
- Working along with the original developer (experienced programmer and computational linguist), and a recent BSC/Linguistics graduate
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
- Software development experience
- Linguistic training or experience would be beneficial, but not required
Language and Culture Training:
- Six weeks of language and culture training called ‘Launch’
Orientation and Other Training:
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria