Dentist or Orthodontist
LONG TERM | PACIFIC
SIL in Papua New Guinea has an urgent need for a dentist or orthodontist to be responsible for diagnosing and treating diseases, injuries and malformations of teeth and gums, and related oral structures. They will work with the SIL expatriate community in Ukarumpa, PNG, and will also treat Papua New Guineans of that area.
- Examines patient to determine nature of condition, using specific dental instruments, such as mouth mirrors, explorers and X-rays.
- Analyses and evaluates results to determine the best procedure for remedy of the condition, and plans treatment.
- Cleans, fills, extracts and replaces teeth using rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and surgical implements.
- May clean teeth using power and hand instruments.
- May train nationals to perform some or all of the above operations.
- Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) degree (or equivalent) from an accredited school of Dentistry.
- Two years minimum in a working dental practice.
- Previous multicultural experience helpful.
- Some biblical training
- Some type of language and culture training course would be helpful
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria