LONG TERM | MAINLAND SOUTH-EAST ASIA
We need a Media Specialist to assess the current media needs of local language groups and then assist in developing an appropriate strategy to meet those needs.
• Works with administrators to assess the local situation, current local media and the needs of language projects and assists in developing an appropriate media strategy for implementation of entity goals.
• Works cooperatively with other domains, particularly Ethno-arts, Anthropology, Language Program Planning, Storying, and Scripture Engagement, regarding the use of vernacular media as part of a comprehensive communication/Scripture engagement strategy.
• Advises language teams and local people on how to identify or design appropriate media content, prepare it for production (especially in conjunction with oral communicators), and package it for maximum effectiveness in realising language project goals.
• Assists with the design and production of audio and audio visual products, including responsibility for the necessary technical services.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree helpful
• Previous digital media/communications/music training or experience helpful but not required
• Previous multicultural experience helpful
• Satisfactory completion of the Vernacular Media Training Course.
Bible College Training:
Some biblical training required
Language & Culture Training:
Six weeks’ language and culture training (called Launch)
Orientation and other training:
Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.