Scripture Engagement Worker
LONG TERM | AUSTRALIA
We need someone to work hands-on in an Indigenous language community in Australia to encourage people to engage with the Scriptures in their everyday lives.
- Work with local church or community leaders to carry out research to assess the need for Scripture Use.
- Listen to the community’s needs and aspirations.
- Help develop and then implement strategies for Scripture Use.
- Help others engage with Scripture in their life.
- Help to train Scripture Use workers and develop and market materials.
- Develop at least one area of expertise, such as: Gospel and culture (contextualisation), Trauma Healing, Children’s ministries, Radio drama, Promotion at Bible schools, Audio products, Ethnomusicology, Sign Language Scripture Use, etc.
- Adult Learning Methods.
- The ability to work in teams.
- Relevant SIL and Bible college training.
Please contact us to discuss any training plans. Future training pathways will take into account any previous training and work experiences as well as your intended duration of service. Flexible options are available including online and on-field training.
- A minimum of one year (or equivalent) at Bible college.
- One year at SIL Australia.
- Orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria.