Praying for languages still waiting
‘His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward Him and find Him…’ (Acts 17:27, NLT)
There are several ways you can pray for the many people groups around the world that still do not have any Scripture in their heart language.
For the message, pray that:
- the languages still waiting for God’s Word would receive Scripture in the form they need it
- God would provide every person in the world with his Word
- any suspicions, doubts or misunderstandings would be removed as people hear the gospel for the first time.
For the people waiting to hear God’s Word, pray that:
- those who have not yet heard would hunger and thirst for the Lord
- God would create a desire for his Word among those who have trusted in him but lack the Scriptures in their language
- those in unstable political or social conditions would be kept safe
- local churches and mission agencies would reach out to them.
For personnel, pray that:
- language workers would be called, trained and sent to each group
- passionate and skilled mother-tongue translators from within language groups needing Scripture would hear the call of God
- translation needs would be clearly identified through quality survey work
- more support workers (in education, community development, technology, communication, management, purchasing and shipping) would hear the call to be involved in Bible translation.