Praying for Scripture engagement
‘Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock’ (Matt 7:24, NIV)
As crucial as they are, the translation, printing and distribution of Bibles is only part of the job. People must be able to access and engage with Scripture in a format they can appreciate and understand. Many creative and unique methods are being used to make that happen.
Pray that people with portions of Scripture in their heart language will:
- grow spiritually as a result of reading or hearing Scripture
- be willing to obey and engage Scripture that is relevant to their culture, so that it is translated into words and deeds
- interact with the living God through his Word and are drawn deeper into his presence
- understand that engaging with Scripture is not just an activity, but a lifestyle
- be guided by local church leaders who are willing and able to read and preach in the local language.
Pray that those working in Scripture engagement will:
- be inspired by the Holy Spirit with creative ideas for communicating God’s Word
- work effectively alongside churches to help people see the relevance of God’s Word to everyday life
- work alongside church leaders, translators and literacy workers to devise appropriate strategies and activities
- help people to apply the truths and principles of Scripture to real life situations (e.g. health, relationships, personal and church growth).