Wycliffe World Day of Prayer 2018
God Opens Doors Through Prayer
Join people across the world in prayer on 11 November.
Take a sneak peak at one of the resources made available for Wycliffe World Day of Prayer 2018. In this video, Kirk Franklin (Executive Director of Wycliffe Global Alliance) talks from the Prayer Chapel at Wycliffe Australia’s National Centre about open doors, transformation through Bible translation, spiritual fruitfulness, and the involvement of the church worldwide in the Bible translation movement. Reflect on closed or seemingly closed doors and whether this presents us with an opportunity to persevere in prayer.
- The people still waiting to have God’s Word in their own language: as of 1 October 2018 this is over 180 million people, speaking 1879 spoken and 284 sign languages. More information at http://www.wycliffe.net/en/statistics
- People are needed to work toward every language having God’s Word. Pray for people to respond to God’s call to go.
- Finances are needed to fund the work. Pray for prayer and financial supporters for Wycliffe members.
- That God would open doors to the more challenging areas of the world.
- There is an excellent video – The Bible Banquet – that is 1.52 minutes long. Watch it yourself or feel free to download it to show in your church services.
- This month’s Prayer Words. This is available to anyone who would like to support Wycliffe in ongoing prayer. You may sign up here.
- We have regional offices in most states. They would love to hear from you.