IT – System Support
LESS THAN 1 YEAR | SOUTH-EAST ASIA
We need a volunteer IT specialist to come for a month to help with the diverse IT needs of an organisation in Timor-Leste, especially with network systems.
- designing and configuring a computer network system
- setting up a cloud-based archive system
- installing and configuring computer systems, networks and printers
- responding to service issues and requests
- setting up accounts for new users
- possibly training a junior Timorese staff member
- continue volunteering remotely to help with issues and requests.
Computer networking knowledge is required, which may be from a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computing.
Language and Culture Training:
- four weeks’ language and culture training called Launch
- fluency in Tetun Dili, English, Bahasa Indonesia, or Portuguese
- orientation workshops, held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria
- on-field cultural orientation