LESS THAN 1 YEAR | PACIFIC
Are you a qualified doctor with at least five years experience in primary care? Would you like to serve with a team of like-minded professionals in a community where your skills are needed? Papua New Guinea is a country of over 800 language groups, many of which do not have God’s Word. Translators are working hard to bring the Scriptures to the people of PNG and for many them this means living in remote communities without medical facilities. Our Clinic provides primary care for these translation teams and for our local community. If you would like to use your training to serve God by serving the people of Papua New Guinea please contact your local Wycliffe office.
Who they will be working with (organisations/property)pacificbible.blogspot.com/2012/10/sil-png-clinic.htmlJob Duration (Length of service)Long TermRoleOtherLocationPacificIs this a WBTA home-assigned role?NoPositions Vacant Cont.
- Determine health needs of assigned area and direct health care personnel
- Establish guidelines for treatment and care of patients
- Provide comprehensive medical services for members of SIL and Wycliffe Bible Translators teams
- Make recommendations for consultation with medical specialists based on evaluation of medical condition and history
- Set up a program for comprehensive health care and medical services for language groups where SIL and Wycliffe members are working
- You may work in a supervisory or cooperative capacity with a national medical program
- You might be assigned to perform medical services and health care personally, such as examining patients, ordering or performing various tests, analyses, and X-rays to provide information on patient’s condition, administering or prescribing treatments, drugs, inoculations and vaccinations
- Possibly provide prenatal care to pregnant women, deliver babies and provide postnatal care to mothers and infants
- Respond to emergency requests for medical help in isolated areas, using air or ground transportation.
- Fully qualified practitioner
- At least five years’ experience in primary care
- MD experience in diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases helpful
- Some type of language and culture training course would be helpful
- Orientation workshops are held at our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria