1-2 YEARS | PACIFIC
We have an urgent need for a physiotherapist to assist at the SIL medical clinic in Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea. Your service to our community will support the work of Bible translation in the country.
- Administer medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Evaluate and treat patients with injuries, congenital and idiopathic disabilities, and age and disease-induced disabilities
- Work with children who have developmental delays in conjunction with the Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist
- Provide advice on prevention of injury, as well as education of both patients and medical staff
- Record patient evaluation, treatment and recommendations in their medical records
- Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school
- Continuing education requirements for licensure from your home country
- Minimum two years’ experience in a variety of settings
- Previous multicultural experience would be helpful
- Preference for working with children of all ability levels
Language and Culture Training:
- Some type of language and culture training course would be helpful but not essential
- Orientation workshops will be provided through our National Centre in Kangaroo Ground, Victoria