Tree Tops Team Leader
1-2 YEARS | AUSTRALIA
Tree Tops Lodge Cairns is a joint venture of Wycliffe Bible Translators Australia and Mission Aviation Fellowship Australia (MAF) that exists to provide a peaceful, safe, reflective environment, primarily for the use of the mission community.
Tree Tops is looking for a Team Leader to help manage the daily needs of the facilities. This is a full-time volunteer position on a rotating two-week roster. This position may suit retired or semi-retired couples, or those wanting to serve the missions community with their hospitality skills.
The successful applicant/s will be required to join either MAF or WBTA as volunteer members. You must be either an Australian or New Zealand citizen and have a current driver’s licence. Intermediate to advanced computer skills, good interpersonal skills and good overall health and fitness are required.
As Team Leader, you will be required to effectively lead and coordinate the Management Team in carrying out its responsibilities as you allocate specific tasks in consultation with other Team members. You will also share in the duties and responsibilities of the team, which will require being available every second weekend and being on-call overnight.
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- First aid certificate (desirable, but not essential)
- Current drivers licence
- Leadership and management experience
- Working in a team environment
- Experience in the hospitality industry (highly desirable)
- A strong Christian faith
- Ability to work in a team or alone, as needed
- A servant heart and desire to volunteer in the hospitality industry
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Able to supervise others
- Good overall health and fitness, with the ability to undertake physically strenuous tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with the ability to learn new programs (e.g. MYOB and Room Master)
- Office skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- General maintenance and gardening skills
Positions at Tree Tops are un-salaried so the successful applicants will be required to raise their own funds. But don’t let this stop you from applying! There are many ways that Wycliffe Australia can assist you in raising support.
For more information, please visit http://treetopslodgecairns.org.au/.
Check out the Tree Tops video: